Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My thrifty treasure finds for spring

My thrifty finds, I love yard sale and flea market,farmers market season love it!! I also love antic shops and consignments shops especially in the winter months.
I'm just so ready for spring so I have been looking around for a new lamp to add to the living room I wanted something with a bird to fit in the americana thyme I found on lamp with a bird it was $80.00 so I kept on walking of course I cant invest that kind of money on a lamp after a month of comparing and looking around the thrift stores I found this lamp at our favorite antic store' the lamp jump up and said take me home: it was perfect its in perfect condition new lamp shade it has this cute bird nest with eggs in it and I love it I thought to paint it but it doesn't need it and I thought the color is fine because its natural, so I'm going to add a few things to the branches and spray it with a clear finish so I'll show that finished product latter but for now you can see its so cute and fits in with the rest of the americana decor and unique Oh and the price $11.00 yippee that make the lamp so much nicer it is what I've been looking for and after I do my touch ups its going to be so nice so hear is a picture of the treasures I found this weekend at our favorite antic shop.....
My bird lamp $11.00
Easter bunnies $6.00 for the both of them
kitty with american dress with bird house print $6.00 brand new
blue kitty brand new $3.00
Total is $26.00
 
So for my spring touch up add on was only $26.00 so the lamp at the store was $80.00 for the lamp alone and thou it was a very nice lamp this one is unique and its so me love it saved money had fun and it will due me until yard sale season.
I also wanted to share these last year yard sale finds this bird house was $1.50 the kitty was .50 I loved it so much so my husband used the kitty for a stencil and cut some wood kitty's about ten of them so when I have a craft day I can make the same ones for gifts, The two big kitty's are about 7'' high I found last year in a yard sale for .50 each that was a huge deal, I keep the white one with the bird house and small kitty in the guest bath and the big wide eye one the side of the fire place
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment